Managed IT services firm Networks First is hosting a roundtable debate to help develop an industry consensus on how businesses, law enforcement and Government can work together to tackle cyber crime at both national and international levels.
Security is a complicated issue with many different parties involved, all of whom need to work cohesively to combat the cyber criminal threat.
Discussions will revolve around:
- Breach detection and containment – What businesses need to know to limit the damage of a data breach. How should information flow be managed, and by whom?
- Cyber criminal investigations – how cross border cooperation and information sharing between law enforcement and businesses is vital in investigations.
- Who is responsible? – With so many layers to cyber security there is often confusion as to where the responsibility lies in digital criminal investigations–does Government or Law Enforcement lead it? What role should technology vendors play?
- Protecting the end user – How managed security services can benefit smaller companies and the government initiatives to support security learning in businesses.
- What is media’s role – in potential communication and public perception of the cybercrime threat?