We are looking for a freelance PR consultant. You will join our team from April 2013 for a period of up to one-year [maternity cover].
You will be an integral part of our PR team, working alongside our two senior PR consultants and led by our joint managing directors. You’ll be supporting up to three client campaigns.
We need you to provide the equivalent of 6 days of PR services per month, but if you can only work Monday and Tuesday, for example, that won’t work for us. Mantis and our clients need your presence all week. You will need to take a proactive approach to the campaign responding to clients when necessary and driving results and success.
Who you are
The right PR consultant will be at least account manager level – you must ‘know’ technology public relations – the issues, the media and social media landscape, and the technology itself. Public sector knowledge will also help you immensely, for example experience of working with clients selling to the NHS, local government, schools, etc.
Good media relationships are a minimum requirement, but it doesn’t stop there for us. Extra experience of working with other influencers, such as analysts, government officials or trade associations would be very advantageous.
Client service is everything to us. The proven ability to ‘win over’ clients in a short space of time, so that they trust and value your input, will be pivotal in this role.
Who we are
Mantis is a PR agency that supports B2B technology firms of all sizes and at all stages in their life cycle – especially those competing in the public sector. Mantis is the UK’s only dedicated public sector, B2B IT PR agency. That unique dedication is reflected in the skills and expertise of our staff, unrivalled client history and client portfolio, journalist and influencer contacts, and industry partnerships.
We are a team of five senior staff with 50-years experience collectively, which brings together a good mix of strategic nous, stakeholder relations expertise and enthusiasm for business growth and learning.
Along with the rest of the team, we expect staff to work from home or from our network of business lounges and hot desk areas around the country [we’ll provide free access]. We will also provide a smart phone to handle business calls. We would expect you to provide your own desktop / laptop.
We are prepared to pay between £250.00 and £350.00 per day depending on experience.
If you can tell us the name and use of the device in our photo [or your best guess] please email the answer plus your CV to: email@example.com.
- Maintaining client relationships and acting as day to day contact for selected clients
- Managing each client’s PR plan and ensuring the deliverables happen on schedule and with flair!
- Identifying media, social media and stakeholder influence opportunities and working with clients to make them happen
- Writing – materials from blog posts to case studies and anything in between
- Social media networking and delivery for selected clients
- Creating ideas for and the management of industry influencer events for clients and the agency
- Measurement and performance reviews for selected clients
- Networking and maintaining the agency’s contact with media and industry
- Minimum five years experience in technology PR and communications
- Demonstrable experience of managing a diverse client base
- Ability to generate strategic, issues-based communications campaigns, tactical ideas and capably convince clients of their relevance
- PR and communications planning
- Strong media contacts with proven abilities to generate coverage
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional gravitas
- Demonstrable experience of skillful time management
- Confident social media user, including Twitter, Tumblr etc
- Understanding of Public Sector IT media and their stakeholders
- Public sector communications and media background
- Experience of working remotely or independently
- Web technology experience, such as working with WordPress sites
- Active, creative social networker
- Inspires trust from both team and client base
- Ability to travel occasionally for UK meetings
- Healthy focus on attention to detail
- Displays passion or interest in technology