We are looking for a full-time PR consultant – account manager level.
You will be an integral part of our PR team, working alongside our three senior PR consultants, client service director and led by our joint managing directors. You’ll be supporting up to four client campaigns.
You will need to take a proactive approach to the campaign, responding to clients when necessary and driving results and success.
We are prepared to pay up to £33k per annum depending on experience.
Other benefits include:
- Free macbook air, iPhone and calls, landline [if mobile signal doesn’t cover your home] and printer
- Home-working and flexi-time
- Good holiday allowance plus additional half-day holiday on birthday
- Regular, year-round in-house and external training
- Access to a pension
- Discretionary bonus scheme
Who you are
The right PR consultant will be at least account manager level – you must ‘know’ technology public relations – the issues, the media and social media landscape, and the technology itself.
Public sector knowledge will also help you immensely, for example experience of working with clients selling to the NHS, local government, schools, etc.
Good media relationships are a minimum requirement, but it doesn’t stop there for us. Extra experience of working with other influencers, such as analysts, government officials or trade associations would be very advantageous.
Client service is everything to us. The proven ability to ‘win over’ clients in a short space of time, so that they trust and value your input, will be pivotal in this role.
You’ll be expected to work alongside the rest of the team at least once per week in London otherwise you’ll be working from home or from a network of business lounges and hot desk areas around the country.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Maintaining client relationships and acting as day to day contact for selected clients
- Managing each client’s PR plan and ensuring the deliverables happen on schedule and with flair!
- Identifying media, social media and stakeholder influence opportunities and working with clients to make them happen
- Writing – materials from blog posts to case studies and anything in between
- Social media networking and delivery for selected clients
- Creating ideas for and the management of industry influencer events for clients and the agency
- Measurement and performance reviews for selected clients
- Networking and maintaining the agency’s contact with media and industry stakeholders
- Minimum five years experience in technology PR and communications
- Demonstrable experience of managing a diverse client base
- Ability to generate strategic, issues-based communications campaigns, tactical ideas and capably convince clients of their relevance
- PR and communications planning
- Strong media contacts with proven abilities to generate coverage
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional gravitas
- Demonstrable experience of skillful time management
- Confident social media user, including Twitter, Tumblr etc
- Understanding of public sector IT media and important stakeholders
- Public sector communications and media background
- Experience of working remotely or independently
- Web technology experience, such as working with WordPress sites
- Active, creative social networker
- Inspires trust from both team and client base
- Ability to travel occasionally for UK meetings
- Healthy focus on attention to detail
- Displays passion or interest in technology
Send CVs to gavinloader @ mantispr.co.uk or apply online with LinkedIN